Post de hoje do blog http://cloudcomputing.sys-con.com!
Model Metrics Introduces Cloud Analytics
By Pat Romanski
August 5, 2010 06:15 AM EDT
New Service Gives Businesses an Entirely New Level of Visibility Into Their Cloud Computing Data
Model Metrics, a provider of cloud computing services for the enterprise, on Wednesday introduced Model Metrics Cloud Analytics, providing an entirely new way for businesses to leverage their data in the clouds. The new service offering extends the reporting and analytics capabilities in Salesforce and integrates the data in real time to other relevant data sources to enable businesses to access and act on information in powerful new ways.
Reporting and Analytics in the Cloud
Most enterprises find themselves with vast amounts of data, but very little in the way of easily accessible, actionable information. As they move their business operations to the cloud, there is a growing need for advanced reporting and analytics designed specifically for cloud computing data. They also need to be able to integrate this data with data generated from traditional IT systems such as industry specific information like TRx and NRx data in the Life Sciences industry, for example.
Model Metrics Cloud Analytics:
- Model Metrics leverages its expertise with salesforce.com’s Visualforce and Adobe Flex to build sophisticated custom interfaces in Salesforce, allowing data to be displayed in any way a business requires. It enables highly customizable views and real-time click-through dashboards and charts, eliminating the need for manual manipulation of data in Microsoft Excel.
- The service begins with an analytics requirements assessment to uncover the right data for the metrics the client needs, resulting in a custom plan. It uses data from Salesforce and any other relevant system of record and displays it in the way that best suits the client. Data is easily migrated or integrated in Cloud Analytics, and the results deliver real-time insights into the data being examined.
- The additional value the enhanced analytics provides to clients is based on Model Metrics’ methodology and development expertise with Visualforce and Adobe FLEX on the Force.com platform. The enhanced analytics include:
- In-line pipeline and product analytics when viewing record details
- Mashups of multiple data sources using Force.com as the rich presentation layer (via Visualforce or Adobe Flex)
- Analytics on mobile devices such as a tablet or smart phone
- The ability to report on or analyze results vs. goals on standard or custom objects that traditional CRM systems are not designed for