Post do blog http://horizonwatching.typepad.com contendo vários trabalhos da IBM sobre Cloud Computing!
IBM Cloud Computing White Papers
In 2008 I was focused on researching and analyzing the Cloud Computing marketplace, which back then was just emerging. It was a year of hype with vendors scrambling to define it and rename their offerings with the Cloud name somewhere in the offering. The cloud topic was featured in many posts here during the 2008 calendar year. I no longer am focused on cloud, I still try to keep abreast of what is going on.
The fact is that cloud computing is no longer just hype. It is recognized as a key transformational trend in IT today. The adoption of private, public or hybrid cloud environments can help significantly help organizations reduce IT management complexity and skill requirements; share resources among multiple applications; accelerate time to market; and support both existing and emerging, data-intensive workloads.
Here are some cloud computing white papers from IBM, who has been an leader in the push towards enterprise-based cloud computing.
- Dispelling The Vapor Around Cloud Computing IBM conducted a survey in June and July of 2009 of 1,090 IT and line-of-business decision makers around the world. The objective was to better understand the current rate of adoption, as well as drivers, barriers, and considerations that are influencing the adoption of cloud computing. This white paper shares the survey findings and provides IBM’s point of view regarding key steps and considerations for cloud adoption. A nice feature of this white paper are two sections near the end. One section covers key success factors in implementing cloud and the other covers a list of steps required to the adoption of cloud computing
- Security and Cloud Computing. Although the benefits of implementing the different cloud computing models are clear, so is the need to develop proper security for cloud implementations. Many organizations are embracing both public and private cloud computing models by integrating the two models into ‘hybrid clouds’. These hybrid cloud implementations are designed to balance both business and technology requirements, helping to optimize security
and privacy with a minimum investment in fixed IT costs. This white paper provides an overview of key security issues related to the different cloud
computing models, discusses the IBM Cloud Security Framework, and concludes with IBM’s thoughts on how to implement a secure cloud architecture and environment. For those wanting more detail, there is an IBM Redbook available by the title of Cloud Security Guidance: IBM’s Recommendation for the Implementation of Cloud Security
- Capturing the Potential of the Cloud This paper comes from IBM’s Global Services team and discusses how cloud computing models are helping enterprises,
governments and industries meet current challenges by focusing in on what the paper calls ‘Cloud Value Drivers’. The paper says that organizations should take a holistic approach to developing a cloud strategy due to the broad impact cloud can have on an organization’s business models, operating principles, processes, technology and organization design. Understanding the key cloud value drivers can help business and IT leaders jointly develop a framework for building successful business and IT strategies.
- Business Strategy for Cloud Providers – This white paper is targeted towards companies that are hoping to provide cloud computing services as part of their offering strategy. The paper answers questions such as
- What are the key attributes of a winning cloud • provider business strategy and model?
- How can partnering across the ecosystem accelerate my success?
- What are the implications if I do not act now?
- Benefits of Cloud Computing (634kb) This paper examines the challenges facing IT leaders today and then discusses the benefits to enterprises that implement cloud computing technology. The paper drives home the point that cloud computing is not just about data center technology. It’s more about streamlining business processes in order to make organizations and people more competitive, more responsive to change and more oriented to service delivery.
- Staying Aloft In Tough Times: Why Smart, Innovative Businesses Are Turning To Cloud Computing This 20 page white paper provides an overview of cloud computing by defining the attributes of a cloud computing implementation, describing the benefits that are available, and providing some examples of how clouds are impacting enterprise operations.
- Business Continuity And Recovery Services From IBM: Strengthen Your Business This paper examines how cloud computing technology can be used to manage availability of data, applications, and overall resiliency. The paper also provides a description of IBM cloud-related Business Continuity and Resiliency Services.
For more on IBM and cloud computing, go to it’s main cloud computing website: http://www.ibm.com/ibm/cloud/
Posted by Bill Chamberlin on July 09, 2010 at 01:51 PM in Cloud-computing |